Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Monday 4 April 2016

Challenge 161 - Crafty Cardmakers (a shaped card)

It's me hosting our Shaped Cards challenge today and I would like to see a shaped card. 

This means no rectangles or squares please, and this time it does have to be a card! 

Please remember the 15 challenges total rule too - if you enter more than 15 we won't be commenting and you won't be considered for winner or top 5.

My card is a pop up box card - for this one I used a hunkydory base that had fancy edging on it.  I'm working with my scan n cut to make my own template up using shapes but I haven't mastered the whole welding etc process yet...

My brief was a 90th birthday card for a friends Nan and I was told she loved flowers and butterflies and particularly daisies.


I used my serif programme to make my backing papers for the box base, and I used some tonic dies that I had for the flap tops.  All the toppers were edged with distress inks.   I used another die to make a bunting banner bearing the word "NAN", that I attached to tooth picks and then inserted into the box by attaching them to the "bridges" inside.

The flowers wre all dies, that I coloured with distress inks and a finger dauber to colour the centres.  I coloured the butterflies in the die cut toppers with the same colour distress ink (lemonade?).  I stamped the greeting into the topper on the front flap (which I had cut plain) and finally, attached a triple bow cut from organza ribbon to the front, and a 90 pennant to the back.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card hun, certainly something to treasure. Sorry I haven't been by for a while. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jackie this is absolutely stunning. So many beautiful elements here. I'm not game enought to make one of these lol. Loved this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the receiver was pleased. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete