Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Monday 7 March 2016

Challenge 159 at Crafty Cardmakers - Go Green

Pam is hosting our 'Go Green' challenge in honour of St. Patrick's Day on 17th March. So let's see all your Green creations please. You can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!

My card  was a simple design that I made for a friend who had a bereavement.  My cards rarely have many layers on them, and this was no exception.

I used my favourite 6 x 6 base card and  a flowery and a striped and a plain green paper from a Dreamees cd for the background paper - I love this part of using cds, you can pretty much guarantee the papers from the same family will go together!  I started with a square of the striped paper and down the centre I stuck a strip of the floral design.  I used the plain green paper to make the mat for my topper, which was a woodware stamp stamped with a green distress ink.  I used distress ink around the edge of the topper after I had rounded the corners, and coloured the flowers with the same distress ink.  I stamped the sentiment onto the same colour card as the topper, and edged it with a promarker and distressed it with the same distress ink as the topper.

Finally, I added some pearls to either side.  

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jackie. Have a good week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Jackie. I love how you have stamped and coloured the image with the Distress Ink and your backing papers are really pretty. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete