Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Monday 22 February 2016

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 158 - A special woman

Marlene is hosting today, and the theme she will be judging is For a Special Woman. As Mothers Day (in the UK) is just a couple of weeks away, we would love to see your cards for a Special Woman. So Mother's Day cards/creations, or cards/creations for any woman who is special, Daughter, Wife, Friend etc. will be fine. You can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!

We are sponsored for this challenge by


With a prize of £12.00 to spend at your favourite Woodware Stockist, either in store or on line.

Woodware are a Yorkshire based family owned business, as well as distributing Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous Stamps we have a wonderful range of stamps designed for us by Francoise Read and Jane Gill. We also scour the world for new and innovative products for the crafty card maker, and have a great range of punches and tools of the trade, to find stockists in your area or to see the range visit the website www.woodware.co.uk.

As a rule, I don't really make overly fussy cards.  I admire the skill that goes into making them, but I'm never quite happy with my own efforts.  This card is much more my cup of tea!  I made it for a good friend who had reached the big 50 birthday. 

My base card was a scallop edge 6 x 6 white card.  Onto this, I layered a mat of plain pink and put onto that my topper, which I had stamped with this floral shoe stamp (Chloe's??) and simply coloured it with my promarkers.

Before I stuck the topper down, I wrapped some white chiffon ribbon around the top left corner..  Onto this I stuck a double bow made from the same ribbon, and in the centre of that I suck a white flower, coloured with some distress ink.  My friend wasn't 100% happy about the number of birthdays (lol), so I included it as  a very teeny centre to the big flower! 

Finally, I stamped a small sentiment on the pink base card and stuck that on with a foam pad, and put a couple of stamped flowers  from another impression of the shoe stamp that I had coloured and cut out onto the shoe to give it some texture.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jackie beautiful design and colours.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is simply stunning and so colourful. Nice touch with the chiffon ribbon. Yiwr gf will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I have a friend who just loves shoes, this would be perfect when her birthday comes round, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card. I love your floral shoe stamp and the bow is a wonderful embellishment. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely that shoe is just divine!

    Bec

    ReplyDelete