Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Monday 11 January 2016

Crafty Cardmakers & More challenge 155 New: Baby, Marriage, Home etc...

As it's a brand new year we thought we would go with a 'new' challenge. So you can interpret that in many differrent ways, it could be to welcome a new baby, a new home, marriage etc. I am sure you can think of many different 'news' you can inspire us with. This challenge is being hosted by Sally so it will be her job to choose our winner and Top 5.  

I am still on a mission to use up my stash, so my "New baby" card this time used a sheet I  think I printed off at some time from a crafters companion or Debbie Moore cd (but it might have been one from a kit).

Sometimes, you need a card in a hurry and there is no shame in making use of something ready prepared.  Sometimes I do that by printing off a card kit from a cd and sometimes I use a sheet I have already.

This card uses my favourite 6 x 6 square base, with the corners rounded off.  I don't know why, but it seems to look a bit more professional when I do that...!  The base layer has "layers" already incorporated into it (probably using the shadow tools, such as those in Serifs Craft artist).  However, I cut out and added the pocket and tag separately myself, and the teddy bear topper, at a jaunty angle. The baby's name was added using silver letter peel offs.  

I don't really use peel offs any more (although I suspect their use will be resurrected in time as most things come round again, *grins*) but I do use the border and letters still.

10 comments:

  1. So so cute. Love the layers. A beeeutiful baby card Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jackie lovely design and detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw so cute! I love the layout. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year.

    Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable baby card Jackie. I love how you have added the cute topper at a jaunty angle and the peel off letters are a great way to personalise the card. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image and the design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the design of your card and the bear is such a cutie ;o) Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty baby card. Lots of pretty details. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the card and such a sweet image. Happy crafting from your team mate, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Jackie.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jackie - love your sweet card. Great use of die cuts. Judy

    ReplyDelete