Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Monday 30 November 2015

Challenge 153 - Crafty Cardmakers & More - Twas the Night...

Lin is hosting our challenge this time, and her theme is 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. She would love to see your creations that depict one of the lines from the poem.  If you need to be reaquainted with the words, they are set out in full on the challenge website Crafty Cardmakers & More.

 Most crafters will recognise that they have a cycle of favoured techniques... I have always liked stamping and inking and just lately my preference has been for doing that again.

My mum was always the "scene builder" of the two of us, and for some time after she died I just shied away from doing it because it brought back memories of when we stamped together.  But it's almost 4 years now since I lost her, and I've been tentatively "having a go" again.

My base card is my favoured 6 x 6 inch square, onto which I layered a black and white polka dot mat.  I used a square of Sheena Douglass stamping card for my topper and started by masking off the moon with a mask I cut myself and  created hillsides with a clarity mask. (Ink colours were denim blue, chipped sapphire, shaded lilac, Iced Spruce and Soot black and a touch of Brushed Corduroy to tint the roof of each house)

I used Hobby Arts Country scenes stamps to make my village scene - it had the really useful fencelines and small trees!  The Santa and moon stamp was from a set I got free with a magazine, as did the Twas the night before Christmas words that I stamped and embossed with silver fine detail powder.  You can just about read the words - unfortunately it's not come out too clear in the photo...

Lastly, I went over various parts with my wink of stella pen (the moon, the snow) and added a touch of glitter to the trees using a quickie glue pen and some glamour dust.

Now I'm in the mood, I think I will do some more toppers for the remaining Christmas cards I have to make.  Such fun! 


3 comments:

  1. Wow Jackie this is absolutely stunning hun.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness - pick me up off the floor. This is truly a Masterpiece. Love everything about this card. Such amazing colouring and detail. You ROCKED this challenge Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome snowy scene - love your hills in the background and all the detail in your card! ;o) Merry Christmas & a happy new year! Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete