Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Monday 5 October 2015

Challenge 149 at Crafty Cardmakers & More - Circular Card

Kim is hosting today and would love to see your Circular Cards.
 
I finally used my Tattered Lace circle stepper card die to make my card!  I have this very bad habit of spending lots of money on dies and then leaving them pristine in the folder for A Very Long Time... and along with my resolution to use more of my stash, I have resolved to stop doing that!
 
Anyway, this card was the perfect opportunity to use not only the Tatty Lace die, but also a variety of others that I have available. 
 
It's very straightforward to make up once the card base is cut, as the score lines are very clearly defined.  I used a pearlescent card for mine.  The "tartan" layer paper came from an 8 inch pad that I had in my stash, and I used some of the off cuts to make flowers.  I then rummaged through my stash for matching tone papers  and luckily found a couple of pieces of lavendar/mauve paper that was suitable.  I used the smallest die in the grand circles spellbinder set of dies to make my base circle, and then cut a circle using a tonic circle die for the topper base.  Offcuts of these papers were again used for flowers. The topper was on a sheet I had printed off (possibly a Crafters Companion Mulberry Wood CD) at some point and only used one image.  It fit the circle perfectly - how cool was that?

I used some scrap pearlescent card to cut out the sentiment and the swirls and then arranged and stuck everything on the card.  The last thing I did was to stick on some creative expressions pearl corners and some diamante stones in the centre of my flowers.

I had to custom make and envelope to fit it, but fortunately, I recently discovered an app from WRMK for their envelope board that I downloaded to my phone which works out the paper size for any size envelope.  Well worth looking out for if you have one of those boards!

5 comments:

  1. Jackie this is absolutely beautiful, I love the image and lovely colours.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Jackie :) Love how you have made this :)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning Jackie, I love everything about it.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely card - everything goes together so nicely! Love the cute image and all the intricate deatils ;o) Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful projects.Lovely creations!
    Thank you for always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete