Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Monday 9 February 2015

Challenge 132 Crafty Cardmakers and More - Love, Love, Love

As Valentine's Day is a heartbeat away our host for this challenge, Lorraine, would like to see your love themed creations. So love, romance, valentine, wedding or engagement will all be suitable.

For my card, I chose a 7 x 5 inch landscape base card.  I am trying (largely unsuccessfully) to reduce the amount of unused stash I have in my room and so I dived into the scrap card/paper and topper boxes to make this card.

I believe the heart backing papers and the image came from a freebie in a magazine as they were all on the same A3 folded to A4 sheet.  However, when I had them layered up, and the small toppers attached with foam pads I thought something was missing.

Back to the scrap card box, and I chose some red card left over from Christmas, and using a stamp set (free gift from a magazine called Happy Day clear stamps) I stamped out the bunting, and then stamped in the appropriate lettering using (possibly Hobbycrafts) small capital letters.  
I stuck the bunting onto some red and white bakers twine with wet glue and when dry, tucked it behind the backing paper and the small toppers with initials on, sticking it with glossy accents.


4 comments:

  1. Very sweet Jackie, love your banners and all the little hearts! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jackie love the detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie, a great Valentine's card. Your image is really sweet and the bunting looks fabulous. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete