Wednesday, 14 August 2013
My brief was to make a card for a lady who loved her stripey teeshirts.
I used a pearlescent card for my square base card, and matted onto that a square of stripey paper from my stash.
To one side I put some brown ribbon to cover the edge and provide definition to the small stamped teeshirts I cut out from the same stripey paper.
I stamped the image onto the back of the pearlescent card, and coloured it with coloured pencils. Around the edge of the card I used Pumice Stone distress ink, which matched the yellowy beige colour of the yellow striped paper really well. Finally I printed out the sentiments on my printer.
Having already taken this picture, I then added three small gemstones in the top right hand corner of the base card!
Sunday, 11 August 2013
Then I had a lightbulb moment, and thought "gilding flakes"!!!
Using a quickie glue pen I coloured in the fish again, and waited for it to go clear. Then I used some morris dancer gilding flakes from Indigo blu, buffed the image with my scootchie sponge and hey presto! A really lifelike fish!
The photo I took under the ottlite was the best one, as that really brought out the gleaming fish.
Otherwise, it was a straightforward card - 6" square base card, layered with some green textured card from my stash. I did some faux stitching around the edge and used punches for the circular sentiment (handwritten..) and a stamped Happy Birthday on some scrap card for the other one.
Thursday, 8 August 2013
I used centura pearl cardstock for the card, making a 7" x 5" base. I ran a piece of the silver toned card through my Grand Calibur in my 7 x 5 lattice embossing folder to make a base topper, layering it with some plain black.
Onto this base topper, I added a lattice diecut shape cut from the same card, but backed with a different type of pearlescent card which had a more distinctly cream tone from my stash.
I then cut out a cross using a spellbinders die, which I embellished with pearls and put that onto the top of the trellis arch.
I made two small and 1 large roses and leaves from the pearlescent card, using two different size 6 petal paper punches. They were coloured with distress inks before being made up and I also included some paper flowers from my stash with some pearls in the centre. Finally, I added a small narrow black ribbon bow.
The sentiment was a rubber stamped banner stamped with versamark and embossed with fine gold detail powder.