Xmas 2015

Copyright

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and find inspiration and ideas from what you have seen here but I would ask you to please respect my copyright and not use my pictures for publishing as your own work, or for entry into challenges.

Monday 1 August 2011

Christmas Robin

I know, we are finally getting some warm weather!  But I had a fancy to play with some of my Sheena Douglas stamps and have a go at a card with no layers.  Scary!  I did have a plan, though.  If any of the colouring or stamping had gone majorly wrong, I would have layered another version over the top!

In the event, though, it all went well.

I did the stamping first, using a memento black ink pad - this was because I wanted to use my promarkers.  The sentiment was stamped in the bottom right hand corner.  On reflection, I think I could have got that a bit more straight, but it wasn't bad enough to have to cover it up!

The foliage stamp was used to create the effect of a tree.  It should perhaps have come further out - the bit the bird is sitting on looks a bit sad, but I didn't want to take anything away from the main image of the robin.

The background was shaded using a combination of faded jeans distress ink, and one of the big and juicy pads.  To get the moon, I used a mask made from a circle punched from a post it note .  I used the inkylicious blending dusters to get the light effect - I find I am a bit too heavy handed with the cut and dry foam...

I was pleased with the way the robin turned out.  My blending can be a bit hit and miss, to be honest.  I need to practice more!  My mum loves colouring and has it down to a fine art but I am more of a novice.

To finish it off, I stamped a greeting across the moon and then sprayed the whole thing with some silver spray and sparkle from crafters companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment